Anjali is a professional-standard company of dancers with learning disabilities based in north Oxfordshire. The company has been in existence for 25 years and creates and tours original dance performances in the UK and internationally. Anjali’s dancers have performed at venues including the Royal Festival Hall, The Place and the Royal Opera House in London, and internationally in Mexico City, Lisbon, Madrid and Berlin. The company has been highly praised by dance critics and is regarded as a trailblazer in working in dance with people with learning disabilities.
Anjali Dance Company is seeking to appoint an experienced Assistant Producer to work on the creation and touring of a new dance theatre double bill, Genius. Genius includes new performance works choreographed by Lea Anderson and Gary Clarke. It will be accompanied by a bespoke residency and will tour to mainstream venues throughout the UK and internationally in autumn 2017.
The Assistant Producer will work with the Associate Producer and Artistic Director to support the creation and touring of Genius. Supported by the team where required, the Assistant Producer will lead on areas of marketing, scheduling and logistics, internal communications and evaluation.
Specific areas of work will include:
- In consultation with the Producer and Artistic Director, co-ordinating and distributing schedules for the company and creative team for creation, rehearsals and touring
- Booking studio space for creation and rehearsals
- Researching and booking travel and accommodation required for the creative team and company during rehearsals and touring
- Producing tour packs for the company detailing touring logistics, schedule and local information
- Liaising with the dancers’ parents and carers where required regarding the overall tour schedule
- Leading the Genius social media campaign and assisting the Producer with other marketing tasks
- Supporting venue marketing campaigns and communicating directly with Community Ambassadors where relevant
- Along with the Associate Producer, pro-actively responding accordingly to box office sales during touring, with additional marketing activity where required
- Leading on the monitoring and evaluation of audiences and participants
- Co-ordinating invites and comp ticket requests for touring
- Assisting the Education Manager as required with logistics for workshop bookings
- Supporting fundraising campaigns including crowdfunding
- Planning Production meetings and assisting the Production Manager with purchases as required
- Assisting the Artistic Director and Associate Producer with other tasks as required, and as relate to the overall aim of the post
In the first instance the contract will be for 32 days from May-August 2017, with the possibility of an extension to December 2017. Working hours are negotiable, based on two full days, or four half-days, per week.
The Assistant Producer can work from home or the company’s office in north Oxfordshire. There will be regular contact with the Artistic Director, Nicole Thomson, at Anjali’s Oxfordshire office and the Producer Ceri Brierley, who is based in Leeds. Proximity to Oxfordshire or Leeds would therefore be a benefit. There is also the possibility of additional (non-Genius) work with the company for anyone based in Oxfordshire or surrounding areas.
£120 / day. This is a freelance contract and those undertaking it are responsible for paying their own NI and tax.
- Relevant experience of managing/supporting performance work
- Ability to work remotely and build good relationships with a diverse creative team based in different locations
- Experience of booking cost-effective travel and accommodation requirements for touring
- Experience of using social media in a professional context
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Based in Oxfordshire or Leeds, or surrounding areas
- Experience of working on projects supported by Arts Council England Grants for the Arts
- Knowledge of working in learning disability settings
- Experience of working with dance touring to small and mid-scale venues
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle
If you are interested in discussing this role, please send a letter of application outlining your interest and relevant experience, your availability and preferred working hours/location, together with a CV, to Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, Anjali Dance Company: email@example.com by Friday 28 April 2017.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ceri Brierley, Associate Producer, Anjali Dance Company: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
The role will be subject to a DBS check. Anjali Dance Company is an equal opportunities employer.