Anjali is a professional-standard company of dancers with learning disabilities based in north Oxfordshire. The company has been in existence for 25 years and creates and tours original dance performances in the UK and internationally. Anjali’s dancers have performed at venues including the Royal Festival Hall, The Place and the Royal Opera House in London, and internationally in Mexico City, Lisbon, Madrid and Berlin. The company has been highly praised by dance critics and is regarded as a trailblazer in working in dance with people with learning disabilities.
Anjali Dance Company seeks a pro-active and organised freelance Administrator, with excellent communication skills, to support the company in co-ordinating projects, managing touring schedules and financial administration.
As part of a supportive and committed team, the Administrator will lead on areas of scheduling and internal communications, have the opportunity to develop skills and work flexibly. The role would suit those with administrative or project management experience, interest in the arts and/or charitable sectors and those looking for a meaningful, positive and creative working environment.
Specific areas of work will include:
- Co-ordinate schedules for rehearsals and touring in consultation with the Artistic Director, Rehearsal Director and Production Manager
- Research and book cost-effective travel and accommodation for the touring company during rehearsals and touring, ensuring bookings are made in advance and within budget
- Liaise with the dancers’ parents and guardians where required regarding the overall tour schedule, and particularly with regards to travel arrangements
- Ensure that touring schedules adhere to the company’s relevant policies, including safeguarding, lone-working, travel and accommodation policies
- Produce and distribute tour packs for the company detailing touring logistics, schedule and local information; ensure details are clearly articulated and filed appropriately
- Support financial administration (for which all training required will be provided), including entering data and monitoring bookkeeping and budgets
- Book studio space for rehearsals
- Work with the Company Assistant on the monitoring and evaluation of audiences and participants, including collating audience surveys and feedback
- Collect statistics pertaining to the company’s activity (eg numbers of workshop participants and audience members) and record these on the appropriate databases
- Assist the Education Manager as required with scheduling and logistics for workshops
- Assist the Production Manager with purchases as required
- Assist the Artistic Director and Associate Producer with other tasks as required, and as relates to the overall aim of the post
The contract is for approximately 40 days from May-November 2019. Working hours are negotiable, and we are happy to consider flexible working proposals, but the contract is based on approximately two full days, or four half-days, per week. The Administrator will need to be available for contact time with the Artistic Director (from May-August her days in the office are Thursday and Friday, days will vary when the company is on tour September-November, a tour schedule is available in advance)
The Administrator will work primarily from the company’s office in Wigginton, a village in north Oxfordshire.
£125-150 / day dependent on experience. This is a fixed-term freelance contract and those undertaking it are responsible for paying their own NI and tax.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Administrative and/or project management experience
- Ability to build positive and effective working relationships with a diverse creative team, colleagues working remotely and stakeholders based across the UK
- Experience of booking cost-effective travel and accommodation
- Ability to manage complex schedules
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work from the company’s office in Wigginton as required
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to take initiative
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team as well as independently
- Ability to work flexibly in response to busier and quieter periods
- Experience working with performance art
- Financial management skills/experience, use of Xero bookkeeping package
- Professional or personal experience communicating with people with diverse needs
- Experience working on publicly funded projects
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle
To apply, please send a letter of application outlining your interest and relevant experience, your availability and preferred working hours, together with a CV, to Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, Anjali Dance Company: email@example.com by Friday 17 May 2019.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Ceri Brierley, Associate Producer, Anjali Dance Company: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
The role will be subject to a DBS check. Anjali Dance Company is an equal opportunities employer.