Anjali Dance Company is a Registered Charity. While we are grateful for the support of Oxfordshire County Council, which provides revenue funding of £3.5k a year, we receive no other ongoing support. Generating income in order to continue our work is therefore an important part of our activities. We have a good track record of securing grants from trusts and foundations for project activity, but we also need the support of sponsors and donors. The continuing success of our work depends on the generosity and financial help of people who believe in what we are doing and support our aims.
“Among those who help people with learning disabilities, the work of Anjali Dance Company is outstanding. It is an organisation of national importance. Its work is inspiring and humbling. Its achievements are astounding in their scope, and in what they have demonstrated about the capabilities of people who were once condemned to lives of inactivity and lack of fulfilment. The company is a model of good practice and is of enormous benefit to the community.”
– Sir Tony Baldry, former MP
Making a personal contribution will help us to continue our work. More people will be able to see our performances, participate in our workshops and witness learning-disabled people as leaders and performing artists.
Examples of what your contribution would support:
- £40 pays for a dance artist to lead one open class for participants with learning disabilities
- £145 pays for our dancers to train in a studio for one day
- £350 pays for one team of dancers to lead a day of workshops
- £1,250 pays for one performance of our double bill, Genius (excluding travel and accommodation)
- £1,400 pays for a team of dancers to deliver a 5-day residency (excluding travel and accommodation)
- £2,500 pays for a choreographer to create work with our renowned youth dance company, Young Anjali
- £6,000 pays for our base in The Mill Arts Centre, Banbury, for one year
- £6,606 pays for one of our dancers to work as Anjali Ambassador (Education) for a year
- £9,592 pays for our dancers to train in the studio 3 days a week for 42 weeks of the year
- £21,000 pays for a full time coordinator to organise all our work
To make a donation, please click the button below to access our secure CharityCheckout portal. Even a one-off donation will make a difference. Making regular donations will enable us to plan ahead effectively.
Corporate Giving & Sponsorship
We are very keen to develop relationships with companies that share our beliefs and aspirations and care about making a positive social impact. We tour nationally and our dancers come from different areas of the country, so geography is no barrier. To discuss Corporate Giving, please contact Nicole Thomson, Anjali’s Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your company is interested in being associated with our work with learning-disabled and disadvantaged people, we would be very keen to explore options for sponsorship.
We are currently looking for sponsors for:
- Young Anjali, our successful youth dance company which has been regularly chosen to perform in national youth dance festivals.
- A minibus for travelling to performances and workshops throughout the UK.
Other ways to support us:
Doing Your Online Shopping Through ‘Give As You Live’
If you sign up to Anjali on http://www.everyclick.com/anjali-dance-company-limited/1148446/0 each time you shop online at supported retailers, a commission is paid to ‘Give As You Live’ by the retailer which will be shared with Anjali. If you are new to ‘Give As You Live’, you can click here for helpful guidelines.
Volunteering – Donating Your Time
We are very grateful to those who generously give us their time as part of our Volunteer Programme. We have help and support with IT, book-keeping and administration and we would benefit from expertise in marketing and fundraising. If you think you could help, please get in touch.
Spreading the Word
Please spread the word about our fundraising campaign so that we can increase the number of our supporters.