Administrator (Freelance) 2021
Anjali is a professional-standard company of dancers with learning disabilities. The company has been in existence for over 25 years and creates and tours original dance performances in the UK and internationally. Anjali’s dancers have performed at venues including the Royal Festival Hall, The Place and the Royal Opera House in London, and internationally in Mexico City, Lisbon, Madrid and Berlin. The company has been highly praised by dance critics and is regarded as a trailblazer in working in dance with people with learning disabilities.
Anjali Dance Company seeks a proactive and organised freelance Administrator with excellent communication skills to provide support in scheduling activity, co-ordinating projects and communicating with the team and partners.
As part of a supportive and committed team, the Administrator will lead on areas of scheduling and internal communications, will have the opportunity to develop skills and will work flexibly. The role would suit those with administrative or project management experience, interest in the arts and/or charitable sectors, and those looking for a meaningful, positive and creative working environment. It could also suit early career Producers or Company Managers looking to gain further experience.
Specific areas of work will include:
- Work with the team to plan, coordinate and update the dancers’ training schedule, in response to the needs of the dancers and Anjali projects.
- Communicate with dance artists to establish availability and confirm teaching commitments.
- Keep the Anjali Google calendar updated, including any planned absences.
- Send out schedules to the dancers and their parents/carers each week, in an accessible format (examples provided).
- Keep updated personal timetables for the dancers (i.e. their commitments outside Anjali).
- Ensure that schedules adhere to the company’s relevant policies, including safeguarding, lone-working, travel and accommodation policies.
- Organise meetings.
- Find and book appropriate rehearsal/meeting space for in-person sessions.
- Assist with organising transport and accommodation where needed.
- Create and monitor plans for projects as they evolve to ensure deadlines are met, and that projects run smoothly and with the best possible outcomes.
- Liaise with dance artists to ensure they have everything they need to run their sessions.
- Assist with any practical issues where required.
- Manage the Anjali zoom account – ensure relevant zoom information is shared with staff and dancers.
- Regularly check and deal with Anjali generic emails.
- Maintain good communication with dancers’ parents/carers, dealing with queries clearly and efficiently.
- Liaise with dance artists regularly to share schedules, information about the sessions and deal with any issues or queries.
- Regularly update the Artistic Director, through email or phone call.
The role also involves some general administrative responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Create Anjali resource packs for dancers and external use.
- Keep the Anjali Dropbox folders organised.
- Fundraising administration – distributing applications, logging responses etc.
- Edit and upload videos.
- Create easy-read resources.
- Update contact sheets.
- Update company social media accounts.
- Assist the Artistic Director and Associate Producer with other tasks as required, and as relates to the overall aim of the post.
The contract is for six to 12 hours work per week. Working hours are negotiable, and we are happy to consider flexible working proposals. The Administrator will need to be available for weekly contact time with the Artistic Director via zoom/phone.
The Administrator will work from home, using their own computer/electronic device.
£15 per hour. This is a fixed-term freelance contract and those undertaking it are responsible for paying their own NI and tax.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Administrative and/or project management experience
- Ability to build positive and effective working relationships with a diverse team working remotely
- A calm temperament
- Experience of booking cost-effective travel and accommodation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work from home
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to take initiative
- Ability to work independently as well as keeping in regular contact with the Artistic Director
- Ability to work flexibly in response to busier and quieter periods
- Experience working with performance art
- Professional or personal experience communicating with people with diverse needs
To apply, please send a letter of application outlining your interest and relevant experience, your availability and preferred working hours, together with a CV, to Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, Anjali Dance Company: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 10 December 2021.
Please use the subject title ‘Administrator Application’.
We regret that we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
The role will be subject to a DBS check. Anjali Dance Company is an equal opportunities employer.